Help & Support

We are always here to help, please contact us so that the situation does not escalate. We understand that tackling debt can be challenging and sometimes stressful. If you need to get advice and information on what to do next let us know and we can help you find some support. The information below will help to get you started. Here you will find some of the most useful links we recommend that have been designed to connect you with the right information, advice and resources. We also use this page to publish answers to the questions we are most commonly asked.

Useful Resources

Taking Control
of Debt

Find Out More

Help if you're struggling with Debt

Find Out More

Where to get
Free Debt Advice

Find Out More

if you are Vulnerable

Find Out More

Questions we are most commonly asked ...

The letter has been sent to your address on the instruction of our client.

To remove the address, you will need to provide us with proof of residency. This can be either a recent mortgage or council tax statement, tenancy agreement or a utility bill dated within the last 3 months.

Once received we will:

  1. notify our client to enable them to update their records
  2. remove your address meaning that you will receive no further letters or visits from us

Please be aware that if the documentation supplied is not clear we may need to contact you again to confirm the information.

Click here to send us an email with the information we need. You should attach photographs or scanned images of the supporting evidence.

Until we receive this information we must act on the instructions we have so please provide the information as soon as possible to avoid further inconvenience.

Do not ignore the correspondence you have received from us - the problem will not go away and we can help explore your options to resolve.

If you are not able to pay the balance in full, you must contact us immediately on 0330 1070 023 (local rate) to discuss the payment options available to you and prevent further recovery action and additional costs.

Within the guidelines specified by our clients, we will work with you to agree a realistic payment arrangement based on an assessment of your circumstances.

Please be aware that payment arrangements are discretionary and failure to maintain the payment terms will result in further enforcement action.

In accordance with our Privacy Policy you can make a request by:

Telephone: 0330 1070 023 (local rate)


Post: PO Box 58, Darlington, DL1 9AE

When making a request you need to provide your full name and address.

GDPR information will be issued to you within 1 calendar month of the receipt of the request.

Please note that a GDPR request does not halt any recovery or enforcement action that we have been instructed to take by our client(s).

If you believe that this matter relates to a debt that you have already paid please provide evidence of your payment to us as soon as possible so that we can stop further action.

We require a copy of the receipt which should show clearly the amount paid, payment reference and date of payment. You should also include any supporting information (method of payment, to whom and where payment was made) which will assist in resolving this matter quickly.

Evidence should be sent quoting your case reference, name and address to



Post: PO Box 58, Darlington, DL1 9AE

Please note that we may need to contact you further if the information provided is insufficient to confirm payment in respect of this specific debt and until we receive appropriate evidence we are required to continue recovery action.

To stop further action in relation to this matter you need to provide evidence of the vehicle sale to

Email: (preferable to avoid any delay)


Post: PO Box 58, Darlington, DL1 9AE

The evidence should include the following three documents:

  1. DVLA confirmation of the date you ceased to be the Registered Keeper of the vehicle
  2. Proof of sale (copy of receipt) to purchaser
  3. Cancellation of insurance

If you are unable to provide one of the above detailed documents please explain why and provide any other further supporting evidence you have.

We are acting on the instructions of our client. To prevent further action please provide confirmation from DVLA that you have never been the owner of the vehicle to which this debt relates.

DVLA contact details can be found on their website:

It is appreciated that this is an inconvenience however until DVLA confirmation is received we are required by our clients to continue recovery action.

You can view further details of the debt which has been passed to us for recovery on behalf of our client by clicking here and logging onto the customer portal.

You will need your JBW reference, client reference and security code which can be found on the top right-hand side of any correspondence or enforcement notice you have received from JBW.

If you do not have this information you can contact us by

Telephone: 0330 1070 023 (local rate)



Please note that the case details on the customer portal displays all the information JBW has available regarding this matter. If you require additional information you will need to contact the organisation that has taken this action against you directly.

Enforcement Agents may conduct visits between the hours of 6am and 9pm daily.

An Enforcement Agent will be scheduled to attend your property if you do not pay or contact us to arrange payment by the date stated in the Notice of Enforcement sent to you. This is known as the 'compliance stage' of recovery.

You will avoid additional fees being added to the amount outstanding (as detailed on the reverse of the Notice of Enforcement) if you resolve this matter before an Agent visits your property.

Please provide us with a copy of the following documents:

  1. The full V5 DVLA registration document for the vehicle
  2. Proof of purchase (Policy Document)
  3. Road Tax
  4. Proof of insurance (Receipt)
  5. Audit trail showing transfer of funds
  6. Copy of sales advertisement for vehicle (if available)

These should be sent by email to

We may need to contact you if the information provided is unclear however in most circumstances we will be able to update the case immediately, stop recovery action in respect of the vehicle and notify our client so that they can update their records.

It is appreciated that this is an inconvenience however until evidence is received to confirm the change and timing of ownership we are required by our clients to continue recovery action therefore please supply the information as soon as possible.

Please do not ignore the situation as this will mean that we will continue to contact you and additional fees may be added to your account.

The action has been taken against you by our client. If you are disputing the original debt you need to immediately:

  • Contact the Local Authority that has issued the liability order against you if this relates to a Council Tax or Non-Domestic Rates matter
  • File an appeal with the Traffic Enforcement Centre (TEC) if the debt relates to a Road Traffic offence or parking charge. TEC can be contacted on 0300 123 1056. All relevant forms are available on the TEC website. (

JBW is unable to comment on or deal with disputes relating to the original debt and are only able to suspend or stop recovery action on the client's instruction.

You should pay the amount outstanding as soon as possible to avoid further fees being added.

You will find a 'payment by date' on the latest notification you have received from us. This will also tell you the balance outstanding and the various ways payment can be made.

This information, along with all case details, is available when you sign into the customer portal (click here) and you can make an online payment now using either a debit or credit card. You will need your JBW and Client references and security code which are shown on all communications received from us.

If you cannot find this information please call us on 0330 1070 023 (local rate) and one of our agents will be able to help you.

Please contact us immediately on 0330 1070 023 (local rate) to discuss the situation.

We appreciate that people's circumstances can change and we will work with you to help identify repayment options to take these into account. Our Agents have access to information regarding relevant benefits you may be able to claim (Council Tax and Business Rate relief schemes) and can provide you with details of Debt and Welfare Support Agencies who will be able to provide specialist support.

You should not stop or reduce your payments without agreeing with us first as your case will be issued to an Enforcement Agent and further costs may be incurred.

More Questions?

For any other general enquiries or to request information about JBW or our services, please get in touch. Click the button below to see our contact details.

Get in touch

Your login details have been used by another user or machine. Login details can only be used once at any one time so you have therefore automatically been logged out. Please contact your sites administrator if you believe this other user or machine has unauthorised access.